Receptionist / Administrative Assistant
Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG), a dynamic and growing engineering consultancy, require an experienced Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to be based at our office in the Dublin 14 area. The Receptionist/Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Office Manager. They will be responsible for maintaining the efficient running of the reception and providing administrative support across a number of areas.
Candidates must have excellent communication, organisation and computer skills. They must be able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and have the ability to work independently, as well as in a team. They should be confident working under pressure, and able to prioritise and multitask effectively. Candidates should be capable of reviewing their own work and taking tasks to completion with limited supervision.
Key activities include:
- Reception /front of house duties: Greet clients/visitors in a professional and welcoming manner, answer phones, deliver messages, maintain facilities, order catering/lunches, maintain general office/kitchen supplies
- Managing travel plans, organising itineraries, booking flights, hotels, car hires
- Managing annual company team building events
- Assist the Office Manager in the smooth running of all daily office management functions
- Provide administrative support in relation HSEQ compliance, HR functions such as maintaining records of annual leave, updating employee files and managing new hire inductions.
- Provide administrative support to the accounts department with various book keeping tasks
- Other ad-hoc project and tender submission related administrative support as required
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of previous work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey messages in a clear and concise manner
- Be detail orientated and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with great accuracy.
- Possess the ability to prioritise tasks and work effectively both independently and within a team.
- Have strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills including excel, word, Powerpoint and outlook
- Possess excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail
- Must have a flexible attitude with regards to working in a changing environment and have the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes and procedures with ease
- Some previous engineering/construction industry experience would be a benefit but not essential
- Previous experience of HSEQ management systems a plus
As a rapidly growing, dynamic, young company this position offers strong career potential to the right candidate
Salary depending on experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com.
GDG do not require the services of a recruitment agency at this time.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.