15+ years' experience
Location: Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh
Offshore Principal / Director (15+ years experience)
These roles will support our Offshore Wind Foundations and Marine Civil Engineering design activities. These roles will report to our Head of Offshore Engineering and will be based at one of our UK or IRL offices (Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh). The location is flexible.
As a Principal Engineer / Director, you will primarily be office based, however some travel will be required to engage with clients at meetings around Europe and even further afield, from time to time. This role will include leading technical teams, delivering complex projects, undertaking business development activities, engaging with end clients and generally helping to drive the business forward.
Your role will involve leading complex projects and managing teams working on analysis, interpretation and design activities. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing offshore geotechnical and foundation design projects and for providing supervision and technical oversight to a wider team.
Furthermore, your key responsibilities will also include:
- Providing Strategic Advice to key Clients ;
- Technical Oversight ;
- Business Development;
- Project Management ;
- Client Management ;
- Leading a range of technical studies and complex projects ;
- Supervising more junior staff ;
- Team development ;
- Geotechnical Risk Management ;
- Review of Foundation design including pile-soil-interaction and pile drivability ;
- Review of Ground model development ;
- Support leading offshore geotechnical research activities within GDG ;
GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with extensive prior experience working as a geotechnical engineer either in a consultancy or development capacity. The ideal candidate will hold a technical background combined with 15 years + of offshore geotechnical experience within the offshore wind, oil or gas industry.
In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience in managing junior staff
- Experience reviewing reports and managing client expectations
- Experience with geotechnical software packages
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software (including Powerpoint and MS Project) ;
- Experience in Project/People Management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.