Offshore Geotechnical Senior Engineer
7-15 years' experience
Location: Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh
Offshore Geotechnical Senior Engineer (7-15 years' experience)
This role will support our Offshore Wind Foundations and Marine Civil Engineering design activities. The role will report to our Head of Offshore Engineering and will be based at one of our UK or IRL offices (Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh). The location is flexible.
Supporting International Clients with the most challenging geotechnical and foundation projects all over the world.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will primarily be office based. Your role will involve leading projects and managing teams working on analysis, interpretation and design activities; however some offshore supervision of site investigations may be required from time to time. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing offshore geotechnical and foundation design projects. This will include leading teams in the areas of geological and geotechnical interpretation and production of ground models and interpretive reports. The role will also involve general foundation design exercises including jack-up assessments, pile design and preparation of geotechnical risk assessments.
Furthermore, your key responsibilities will also include:
- Project Management ;
- Client Management ;
- Leading a range of technical studies and complex projects ;
- Supervising more junior staff ;
- Team development ;
- Site Investigation and Survey Management ;
- Preparation of Geotechnical Specifications ;
- Geotechnical and Geological Deskstudies ;
- Site assessments and geotechnical interpretation ;
- Geotechnical Risk Management ;
- Foundation design including pile-soil-interaction and pile drivability ;
- Ground model development ;
- Integrating geophysical and geotechnical data ;
- Support leading offshore geotechnical research activities within GDG
GDG are looking for a suitable candidate with prior capabilities working as a geotechnical engineer with offshore site investigation experience. The ideal candidate will hold a technical background within geotechnical/civil engineering, combined with 7 to 15 years of offshore geotechnical experience within the offshore wind, oil or gas industry.
- In addition, the ideal candidate shall have:
- Experience in managing junior staff
- Experience reviewing reports and managing client expectations
- Experience with geotechnical software packages
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office software (including Powerpoint and MS Project) ;
- Experience in Project/People Management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.