Executive Personal Assistant
We are looking for an Executive Personal Assistant (PA) to support the Managing Director at GDG. The role will provide efficient personal and administrative support through managing all aspects of their workload and developing relationships with key stakeholders up to senior Board level, thus ensuring the successful delivery of the highest priorities for the Company.
A PA will usually act as a liaison between the manager and people within the organisation as well as with their clients. Your responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing the MD’s workload, ensuring that he is aware of urgent matters and work which needs to be dealt with, and proactively responding to emails or drafting responses where possible, manage and prioritise the flow of work to and from the MD. Ensuring that all matters are dealt with in a timely fashion and delegated to other areas of the organisation where appropriate, to assist the MD in delivering the Company plan ;
- Coordinate and manage the diary and meeting schedule of the MD;
- Handle phone calls and requests ;
- Manage the MDs priority list, ensuring all “To Do” actions are addressed at the appropriate times ;
- Attend meetings with the MD, take minutes and coordinate actions;
- Prepare material for the MD in advance of meetings to ensure he is prepared.
- Keep track of corporate level actions (including responsible parties, etc..) ;
- Coordinate corporate actions with other Directors and senior management team ;
- Track internal projects and report back to the MD on any major deviations w.r.t. budget, programme or delivery objectives ;
- Meet and greet, liaising with visitors including inter alia, customers, analysts, shareholders, advisors
- Oversee Executive Team’s “whereabouts chart”, maintain on a weekly basis to keep the team informed of everyone’s availability over the coming month
- Coordinate the corporate calendar of senior meetings ;
- Plan and organise meetings, including briefings, ensuring the relevant attendees are available and make all arrangements (such as room bookings, refreshments)
- Organise and assist with a range of internal and external meetings and lunches, including: management meetings, key staff 1:1 meetings, employee updates, committee and group meetings, as well as arrangements re attendance at conferences and other key events
- Administration and logistics support for Board Meetings / Directors Meetings
- Assist with the preparation of the MD’s monthly reports to the Board. Preparing briefing papers where possible.
- Manage and deliver the schedule of travel, including meeting arrangements, travel and accommodation, and coordinating itineraries and other trip attendees as required
- Ensure value for money in all endeavours by planning ahead as far as possible
- Preparation of documents for meetings and trips, liaising and coordinating with others as necessary
- Engage on other ad hoc matters within the organisation as required
- Complete and submit expense claims for MD and wider Executive Team as required
- Presentation preparation in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint
- Data manipulation and preparation of excel summary documents.
- Arranging and managing conference and video conference calls
- Project work as required
- Strong inter-personal skills
- 'Can do' attitude
- Demonstrable ability to manage conflicting deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to digest complex matters quickly
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Experience in dealing with senior individuals and organisations in a professional manner
- Recognised secretarial qualifications / or willingness to train towards the same
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Pro-active and a problem-solver
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Office Management experience
The ideal candidate will have operated in a complex company supporting board members and be willing to work in a predominantly office based environment in Dublin, with flexibility on physical attendance at the office, dependant on office usage.
You will be proactive, calm under pressure, have a sense of immediacy, be able to handle a fast paced environment and strong technically - Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe.
Applications including CV should be emailed to email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.