Environmental Director (15+ years’ experience)
Location: Flexible, any GDG office in Ireland or the UK. (Dublin, Cork, Belfast, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Bath, London)
Role Description: Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions Ltd. (GDG) intend to build on its existing Environmental section, which includes contaminated land experts, geologists, hydrogeologists and environmental engineers and develop a more multi – disciplinary environmental team which can compete and win work in a broader environmental spectrum. Our ambition is to build a team that can offer a complete environmental service to complement our existing multi – disciplinary engineering offering. It is intended to target projects at the earliest possible stage of development to provide a multi – disciplinary environmental, planning and front – end engineering service to clients. The position will be at technical Director Level
- Business Development
- Client Management
- Project Management
- Commercial Management
- Staff management and supervision
- Building an effective Environmental technical team
- Tender preparation, checking and approval
- Compiling and checking environmental reports
- Managing environmental studies
Expertise Required: We wish to recruit an experienced Senior Environmental Engineer or Scientist with a proven track record to lead our Environmental team. The person will be a Chartered Environmental Engineer or Scientist and be professionally qualified to a high level. You will need to be technically and commercially astute but you will also be able to relate to staff, clients and other colleagues within GDG. You will need to be committed to the concept of sustainability and be able to develop a sustainability ethos and practice throughout the company. You will need to have the drive and ambition to build an Environmental Section to a scale that is commercially viable and can compete for high-value projects.
In addition, the ideal candidate will;
- Be able to manage a complete EIA for a multi-million infrastructure project
- Have experience in onshore and preferably offshore wind projects
- Be familiar with Environmental legislation
- Have knowledge of EA/EPA Guidance Notes and Permitting procedures
- Be able to manage a multidisciplinary environmental team
- Have experience at public hearings and acting as a professional witness
- Have a knowledge of Planning Procedures
- Have excellent report writing skills
- Have excellent IT skills
Salary is dependent on experience.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.