Civil Railway Engineer (2-5 years of experience)
Location: Dublin or Cork
Civil / Railway Engineer
Are you a Civil Engineer with experience relating to the railway sector? Are you motivated by challenging projects and developing innovative solutions? Do you want to be part of a dynamic team with specialist civil engineering expertise and a significant track record in developing novel solutions for the railway sector? If these questions get you thinking, then you may be the right candidate for this exciting job opportunity.
Gavin and Doherty Geosolutions (GDG) has experienced a significant increase in our workload, particularly in the railway sector. To address the increased workload, we're currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the role of Civil / Railway Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a novel software solution that GDG have developing for managing cuttings and embankments along railway networks, which will involve the use of Matlab software, as well as client engagement. In addition, the role will involve site inspections and associated reporting for railway infrastructure. Furthermore, the role will involve technical design and analysis for railway infrastructure, primarily for earthworks and bridge structures.
The applicant should have a minimum of two years’ post-graduate civil engineering experience, should be qualified to a master’s degree level and be working towards becoming a Chartered Engineer. The applicant should have experience of (i) exhibiting strong but broad technical expertise, (ii) preparing calculations and other technical documents, (iii) have demonstrated experience of using Matlab software, (iv) have site experience of asset inspections. This role will report to our Head of Infrastructure and will be based at our Dublin or Cork office.
The key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Civil design for infrastructure, with a focus on the railway sector;
- Technical report writing;
- Software maintenance and upgrading using Matlab;
- Asset inspections;
- Time management to ensure delivery within time, budget and quality constraints;
- Client engagement and use of presentation skills;
- Project management and project administration.
- 2 – 5 years’ experience of civil engineering design / analysis, preferably within the railway sector;
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering;
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership with Engineers Ireland or ICE;
- Experience in programming, preferably using Matlab software;
- Asset inspection experience;
- Experience in effective project management;
- A demonstrated ability in technical report writing;
- A full clean drivers licence.
Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
We look forward to receiving your application.
For further information, please contact email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.