Civil/Geotechnical Engineer (2-5 years' experience)
Civil/Geotechnical Engineer with 2 to 5 years’ experience.
The engineer should be bachelor degree qualified at minimum.
The role will be within the Edinburgh Office which provides multidisciplinary geotechnical, civil and environmental engineering consultancy services.
The following technical knowledge areas would be beneficial to the role:
- Ground Investigation Scoping and Supervision
- Geotechnical design
- Factual and Interpretative Reporting
- Knowledge of contaminated land assessment
- Understanding of software packages including Holebase and ARC GIS as well as the normal Office suite.
The successful candidate will be part of GDG’s Geo-environmental team and can expect to be involved in a broad range of projects, including port and harbour projects, road and rail projects and urban developments.
While the successful candidate will be based in GDG’s office in Edinburgh, but the position will likely require temporary trips out to various project locations or to other GDG offices in London, Dublin or Belfast.
Key non – technical attributes that we are seeking include:
- A good communicator, both written and verbal, with fellow staff members and external organisations
- The ability to work as an individual and part of a team
- The ability to work effectively with both public and private clients, including contractors
- Good project management skills
- Commercially aware and be able to manage project finances
This is a full time, permanent position.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.