Civil Engineering Designer (5+ years of experience)
Location: Dublin, Belfast or Edinburgh
Civil Engineering Designer (5+ years experience )
Gavin & Doherty Geosolutions Ltd (GDG) is seeking to recruit a Civil Engineering designer with 5 to 15 years’ experience. The candidate should preferably be a Chartered Engineer or actively working on a programme to achieve chartership. The person will have a deep understanding of road alignment design and drainage design, including both SUDS drainage and piped drainage network designs.
The main knowledge criteria are as follows:
- Detailed understanding of Civil 3D and Infraworks
- Generation of complex surface models
- Volumetric Analysis, Mass Haulage and Quantity take – offs
- Vehicle Tracking
- Processing survey information
- Designing drainage networks
- Watershed and flood analysis
- Full familiarity with the Design Manual for Road and Bridge Works (DMRB)
- Experience of working as designer on Design and Build contracts.
- Experience in using drainage design software such as WinDes, etc
The successful candidate will be part of GDG’s Infrastructure team and can expect to be involved in onshore windfarm projects, port and harbour projects, road and rail projects and urban developments.
While the successful candidate can be based in GDG’s offices in Dublin, Edinburgh or Belfast, whichever is most suitable for the candidate, the position will require temporary trips out to various project locations or to other GDG offices.
Key non – technical attributes that we are seeking include:
- A good communicator, both written and verbal, with fellow staff members and external organisations
- The ability to work as an individual and part of a team
- The ability to build relationships with client and partner organisations
- The ability to work effectively with both public and private clients, including contractors
- Good project management skills
- Commercially aware and be able to manage project finances
A competitive salary will be paid to the right candidate.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confidence.