Administrative Assistant to HSEQ and HR management teams
Experience level: A minimum of 3+ years of work experience.
GDG is a specialist engineering consultancy, providing innovative solutions across a broad range of civil engineering sectors. We have offices in Dublin, Cork, Belfast, London and Edinburgh. Our clients include large civil and building contractors, project developers and engineering consulting firms. We also offer forensic engineering and expert witness services to the Insurance and Legal sectors. Our principal areas of expertise are Infrastructure, Onshore Renewables, Ports and Harbour, Structures, Offshore and Research & Development.
We are presently looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support to management in developing, implementing and maintaining the HSEQ and HR aspects of the business.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
In terms of HSEQ:
- Assisting management in the planning, preparation and execution of all HSEQ aspects of the business.
- Managing and reviewing records and Key Performance Indicators for staff
- Registering, maintaining and closing out corrective items
- Updating various policies, and procedures manuals
- Maintaining a legislation tracker
- Monitoring and maintaining insurance certificates for suppliers
- Assisting on preparing for the yearly audit
- Conducting internal audits
- Improvement of current templates section and tracking of revisions
- General assistance on quality assurance related tasks
- Responsible for ensuring that actions from the Management Review meetings are carried out
In terms of HR:
- Assisting with the recruitment process – writing job descriptions, ensuring standardised contracts are provided, acting as point of contact for all new positions being recruited
- Rolling out new contracts for existing staff
- Monitoring job adverts for other companies to monitor benefits, salaries, etc.
- Running the Continuing Professional Development committee
- Organising Lunch Time Talks
- Monitoring for suitable events and publicising internally
- Organising training for staff
- Organising staff well-being events
- Checking expense allowances and ensuring that staff have appropriate car insurance health/travel insurance, etc.
- A third level qualification in Business admin, HSEQ or HR or be in the process of obtaining such
- At least 3 years of experience working as an administrative/executive assistant
- Experience within a HSEQ or HR capacity, preferably within the construction or engineering sectors
- Knowledge of safety and quality management systems, processes & implementation. ISO 9001 / 14001 / 45001
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Be fluent in English both written and verbal
- In addition, the ideal candidate shall:
- Be extremely competent in multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Be proactive and good at anticipating what is needed and in progressing tasks to completion with limited supervision.
- Candidates should also be highly organised and motivated individuals with effective communication skills, a good work ethic, and a commitment to technical excellence, personal efficiency, and career progression through Continued Professional Development.
More about the Position
This is a full time, permanent position based in Dublin.
It is a challenging and exciting new role with great potential for professional development. You will be working with a dedicated and focused team in a rewarding and dynamic work environment.
GDG provides for hybrid working opportunities combining working from home and working from the office.
GDG offer employees a list of benefits, including paid parental leave, travel allowance, company pension scheme.
Salary range €30,000 - €35,000 depending on experience.
The deadline for applications is close of business Tuesday January 4th 2022
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be treated in strictest of confi